- A terrible season is ending on a high note. Keegan finally has settled on his first choice 11, and they're scoring lots of goals and not conceding any, a great combination... A few games left, including the big derby v. Sunderland this weekend, finishing above Boro and the Makems will at least provide some local pride to the Geordies which is about the best we can do this season...Toronto FC
- A rocky preseason and few 2 matches have been pushed into the background after TFC's suprise away victory over the LA Galaxy. The new attacking midfield trio of Robert, Guevera & Rickets should provide some much improved service into Dichio & Cunningham, which was sorely lacking last year. Cutting away the deadweight means this team looks much improved over last year... I'm feeling bullish! Can't wait for this Saturday's Home Opener!England
- Ugh, no Euros... Tragic...Canada
- If we can start having home games at BMO with the kind of support TFC get, we might start to get some results...
England could miss Euro 2008
With today's loss to Russia, here's the standings in Euro 2008 Qualifying Group FTeams Pld Pts
Croatia 10 26
England 11 23
Russia 10 21
F.Y.R. Macedonia 17/11/07
With only one game remaining, the most England can hope for is 26 points.
Russia has 2 games remaining v Israel and Andorra, they should beat Andorra comfortably, which means we NEED Israel to get a result, and we still need to beat Croatia in the final game... Otherwise, no Euro 2008 for England...
Emre & Owen!
Emre and Owen came off the bench today to score vital goals and get Newcastle the win against Everton. I've felt that Emre has been the missing spark in the team so far this season.
In Viduka, Smith, Geremi, and the defensive signings we've got a strongers, sturdier team, but need some more guile & creativity. Within minutes of coming on Emre was already opening up Everton w/ his great passing. Gotta love that little Turk!
NUFC - Injuries, Injuries, Injuries
Just took at peek at PhysioRoom
- wasn't disappointed, once again Newcastle is on top w/ 10 injuries... Just when I was thinking that things haven't been so bad, we could easily make up an outfield 10 (if we play 5-3-2) w/ this list:Forwards:
Michael Owen (Groin Strain)
Luckily we've got more depth than previous seasons, but seriously, what is with this jinx??
my football club moves forward
I've blogged about this before. I've just proceeded w/ becoming an official member. This is an amazing experiment of a kind which I don't think I've ever seen before. It takes the hive-mind theory and the power of the Internet and plugs them into a real-world scenario... I've just spend 35GBP and now I am a share-holder and part owner of 'my football club', they are already in talks w/ 4 different clubs who have approached them for a buy-out. This will be a first or second division club, as a member, there will be voting re: team selection, players who are signed/etc. Should be fascinating!
Powered by ScribeFire.
Bio: Jose Enrique
Great bio of our new Left-Back, sounds very promising!
A blog by 2 slightly obsessive Newcastle & Toronto FC Supporters, adopted Geordies, living in Ontario, Canada.
Howay the Lads!