Explore the Geek family of Blogs:
Geek's Journal
geekyfootball
geekytech
geekybeer
Thursday, January 05, 2006
  Souness Defiant!
I wouldn't have been suprised if I'd checked the soccer news this morning and seen that Souness had been sacked. There were some pretty compelling stories being floated around, including on www.nufc.com, but he's survived another day at least.

He spoke to Sky, here's the text of his article, and he's got some very good arguments... I think it's unfair to judge Souness based on the results this year. The simple facts are that INJURIES have been the single most imporant factor. We've had 5-8 players out injured almost consistently this whole season. I doubt that Souness has been able to field his strongest 11 ONCE this year.

Take a look at Arsenal, Henry has missed a few games, they're stretched at left full back with Cole and Clichy out, and of course losing Viera, and they're only 8 points ahead of us! If someone had asked you before the season, if you'd be satisfied being 8 points back of Arsenal after the Christmas period you've have taken it! Sure this is a bit of a lowest common demoninator approach, but are there calls to sack Wenger? No, because people have confidence that he'll get it right... Why not give Souness an opportunity to do that...?

Sky Sports - The Best Sport Coverage From Around The World
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
A blog by 2 slightly obsessive Newcastle & Toronto FC Supporters, adopted Geordies, living in Ontario, Canada. Howay the Lads!

My Photo
Name:

I think a lot. Some people say I think too much... However, I don't want to be seen as being aloof or pretentious, it's just that I really enjoy philosophical questions and deep thoughts. That's not to say that I don't find pleasure in more down-to-earth or trivial things, like beer and soccer :) I'm happily married with 3 wonderful children. I'm a partner in a technology services company based in Toronto. Myers Briggs says I'm an ENTJ

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / April 2008 /


Powered by Blogger


Some of my Favorite Sites:
NUFC Unofficial Site
NUFC Official Site
SoccerTV Canada Listings
Football 365
MaXxed Football Forum
Toronto FC Official Site